The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding (WANEP) is one of the leading peacebuilding organizations in Africa. The mandate of WANEP is to build the capacity of peacebuilding, development and human rights practitioners in Africa and worldwide on peace and security issues to promote and protect human security through context specific tools and indigenous techniques. To fulfil its mandate, WANEP holds each year in partnership with the Kofi Annan International peacekeeping Training Centre, a three-week training session in peacebuilding in Accra, Ghana........
Aim and Objectives of WAPI:
The major aim of WAPI is to provide knowledge and expertise on peacebuilding and conflict prevention to reduce and eliminate the frequency and severity of violent conflict.
The specific objectives are however:
- To develop action-oriented capacity for conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- To increase the number of competent, informed and active peacebuilding practitioners in West Africa and worldwide
- To provide quality training in peacebuilding at a reduced cost
- To develop context specific and indigenous models of conflict transformation and peacebuilding that can be integrated with existing models
- To provide skills to respond to workplace disputes in order to increase productivity for national development
- And to bridge the gap between policy and practice in peacebuilding
The training covers a range of courses on Theories and Practice of Peacebuilding; Dialogue and Mediation; Women and Gender Mainstreaming in Peacebuilding; Youth and Peace Education; Early Warning and Early Response, Natural Resource Conflict Management; Human Security and Peacebuilding, etc. ......
|< Prev||Next >|